Wednesday 15 April 2009

Warhound Titan - Part 1

Matchsticks, cardboard and sellotape!

That's all you need to start a Warhound titan. Or at least a mock up in preparation for a full custom build! Well, that and some plans.


I found those on From the Warp (ftw) and decided seen as some friends have been getting me back into my old modelling, I'd give the epic task of scratch building a titan a go! I began one way way way back before I gave up Warhammer and never got past the toes really. I had no plans or measurements to base anything off so I ended up producing some rather oddly proportioned feet and decided to give it up. So, logically, when I saw these plans, I practically jumped at the chance to finish what I began.

I decided the Warhound would be the most suitable start. Out of all the three plans, it is the most basic and is the smallest so will save me monies when I come to purchasing theplasticard for the real deal!

Note; the plans for the Reaver and Warhound are done to a great standard and by the same guy from the looks of it with the plans for the Warlord being less clear with no 3D drawings for reference

I decided I would begin with the feet and build up. As it is just going to be a mock up where its main use will be as a reference for dimensions the overall finish is of no aesthetic importance. I printed of the plans for the first foot onto white card and began cutting. It wasn't long before I'd completed the first foot forgetting to take photos so heres the finished foot:



Next I had to construct some cylinders. Again I used some white card and after some simple math and a printout from word, I had three leg joints!


The final task was to add in the match sticks. These represent the locations of the pistons that would be detailing the final job as well as acting as physical supports for the mock up.


And here is the final leg. It currently stands just under 20cm (8" approx') tall making it the tallest warhammer model I have ever made. I will hopefully get the second leg done tomorrow and possibly the waist too!

Thanks for visiting :)
-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment