Sunday 24 May 2009

Chaos Terminator Lord

It's been a chaotic break!

Well after a long break from blogging due to a ridiculously large amount school work, I'm back! (for a little while at least)

Anyway, what have I been doing in the mean time? Well, something like this:
Well he's clearly a terminator Lord for chaos but obviously not quite the usual deal. My friend bought him and asked if I could modify him a little. He said he wanted a two-handed power weapon, and well this is the result!
After making the dry assembly with all the hacked up bits, I began the task off modelling him up. As the torso and legs were already made up all I needed to do was build the arms out. This was easy enough. I began with the shoulders and elbows. Then the wrists and then the hand that were attached to the weapon shafts. Finally I filled in the gaps with modeling putty (ProCreate).
Once the putty had hardened, I added the final details including a power chord salvaged from the lightning claws in the kit and added some spikes to the shaft of the weapon. Oh, and not forgetting the shoulder pads!

All the parts for the model were from the Chaos Terminator Lord kit including the funky rock on the base. The kit is great with loads of weapons, heads, arms and the usual array of chaos spikes (which apparently only get sharper as my fingers would testify!). The only part not from the kit was his right shoulder and elbow. This had to be taken from my Black Reach terminators but never fear, I still have enough parts for them, I'll hopefully have a nice update on the project coming soon. Obviously, the only things left are the paint job and also the cloak. It has been decided that the model will be painted in 3 part; 1: the base, 2: the model and 3: the cloak. The paint job will be done by my friend, he has a red and silver paint scheme for his army but I would say as he is the Lord of the army, a more elaborate scheme is needed ;)

I've enjoyed making this model so much, I feel I will shortly be purchasing this model myself and give it a go with paint brush too. Once again, there are even more projects in the works!

Thanks for stopping by,
Hope you enjoyed the read,
Feel free to say hi,
And drop me a reply!

...hmm, poetry was never my strongest suit
Thanks,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment